Thursday, December 23, 2010

Week 16: TiMER

Dear Avid Reader,

Tick, tock. Ticky-i-ty tock. Yeah there's clocks in this movie. And you should watch this movie of clocks.

Otherwise you're wasting everyone's time.

Stop wasting everyone's time.

In The Service We Had A Name For Men Like That

In a way I want to explain the world of TiMER. Because I'm sure no one except me has seen it. I don't want to ruin the movie, but it's kinda of hard to write about the flick without the reader having some context. Let's for get about this and just proceed how about?

Guarantees would be awesome. At least I think so. I'm not talkin' about "promise to replace your throw pillow" guarantees. I mean "should I take this job" guarantees. Knowing rather than assuming you're making the right decision. Doesn't that sound nice? Certainty is very attractive.

This is starting to feel like a short essay.

Some People Lead, I Follow

One can probably figure out from the previous paragraph that guarantees are available in the world of TiMER. I'm not going to reveal more than that. Nice try.

See I'm defying the expectation that I should write a coherent blog post. For in reality, there are no guarantees. Like the suffering of the rest of life, those who read this blog will suffer. Suffer dear reader, suffer.

You're The Most Inappropriate Person I've Ever Met And Now You're Gettin' All Appropriate On Me

I will not relent. I will not make sense. My written thoughts will remain raw. Jagged.

Excuse me Monsieur Meaningful Discourse, I shall not join you at the club today. And I can only imagine your disappointment. Your tears plinking into your warm shrimp cocktail while your muscles tense under a too white tennis shirt. Weep not for me but for the countless readers still waiting for the chaos to collapse under its own enormity, crushing itself into a filament of pure reason. Weep not!

There are no guarantees sir, no sir, can not understand that there is none sir, no sir, none at all sir! Guarantees would mean that all people are actors playing their parts for an audience of ghosts. This is not the case. The actors can break the fourth wall. They can change the script. They can haunts those ghosts.

But TiMER is a great flick. Try and watch it.

I sure said "guarantees" a lot in this post.

Until Next I Blog,

James

No comments: